Do You Have Any Amazing Recipes?

If you would like to see your own special dish on this site then I definitely recommend you send it to me at samcollins94@gmail.com.

Tell me if you want me to include your name

and I promise that I will not send you any spam mail.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese


Thinking, "What should I make for dinner?" well look no further. I'm going to share one of my absolute favorites and it is so simple and fast to make. It might sound pretty basic at first but once you start experimenting you can create masterpieces of macaroni. Hope you enjoy.

Ingredients

250g elbow macaroni
200g grated Cheddar cheese
60g grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups milk (750ml)
60g butter
2 tablespoons plain flour
30g butter

Method

Preheat oven to 180C.

Cook the macaroni to the directions on the packet which should be around 10mins and then drain.

While your waiting, in a saucepan, melt butter over a medium heat. Stir in the flour. Add milk to that slowly, stirring the whole time.

Stir in the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and cook over low heat until cheese has melted and the sauce is a little thick. If it is to thick add a some extra milk.

Put macaroni in large casserole dish and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
If you want some meat in your dish you could stir in some chopped up bacon, it is amazing!

Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Spread over the macaroni cheese to cover the top. Sprinkle with some herbs to taste, experiment a bit =D.

Put in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and Enjoy
Serves around 5 or 6 and great for heating up tomorrow for lunch.


Like I said before you can experiment with this to try get tasting amazing. Personally I normally just put some bacon in and that suites me but there is no limit to what you can do.


Just to let you know there is quite a bit of cheese and this is not the healthiest of meals so this is a once in a while food so don't go overboard eating this every day..... but I wont blame you if you do, haha bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment